We’re a small business with a big heart, our ethos of sharing our success with worthy causes was established by Nick Robey in 1975. You’ll regularly find our team participating in charitable events, especially if they involve cake!
Here are some of the highlights from our community involvement, which has been recognised within forums that include the Family Business Awards and Northern Lincolnshire Business Awards:
- At Christmas, each team member nominates a charity of their choice, which Systematic donates £100 to on their behalf. Donations now total more than £50,000. The full story is on our blog.
- Our longstanding client SUEZ recycling and recovery UK gave us the accolade of their supplier most focused on ‘Creating Social Value’ in their annual supplier awards 21/22. This was high praise indeed from a business that is pioneering sustainable solutions and innovative technologies for the UK’s circular economy. Read more here.
- Chris Robey, who led Systematic for over 20 years, was a community champion. In 2011 he established Caistor Running Club, to help our community ‘run for fun’. Our team also apply their expertise to Lincolnshire Cares, which is now a registered charity. In 2016 Chris had the vision of providing a free befriending service, to reduce the social isolation of older people in Caistor and the surrounding area.
- We have won Caistor in Bloom Commercial seven times and a Silver for Best Commercial Premises in the East Midlands. A colourful legacy to our 40th trading anniversary celebrations was 4,000 daffodils, given to clients and contacts to honour our founder, Nick Robey, who is a daffodil enthusiast!
- We’re proud to support GO², a group of children and parents at local primary and secondary schools who are on a mission to champion a greener footprint for Caistor. Our initial involvement was hosting a workshop for the group, a learning and creative opportunity which generated ideas that we then transformed into a professional logo for the group.
Here’s a snapshot of just a few of the community and fundraising projects that we’ve got involved with in the past! Connect with us on our socials and sign up to our newsletter and you’ll pick up on the latest activities in our diary that support causes close to our team, clients, suppliers and local community.