There’s been lots of talk about when to wear one, perhaps the ‘what’ and ‘how’ guidance isn’t quite as clear? Here’s a useful summary from gov.uk along with our offer to develop PPE for you. We’ve got a comprehensive range of reusable branded face masks, produced and decorated with your full colour artwork in the UK. They’re available from just 10 units and can be despatched quickly. Get in touch if you’d like to explore a few options!
What you need to know about using reusable face coverings
A face covering should;
- Cover your nose and mouth while allowing you to breathe comfortably
- Fit comfortably but securely against the side of your face
- Be secured to your head with ties or ear loops
- Be made of a material that you find to be comfortable and breathable, such as cotton
- Ideally include at least two layers of fabric (the World Health Organisation recommends three depending on the fabric used)
- Unless disposable, it should be able to be washed with other items of laundry according to fabric washing instructions and dried without causing the face covering to be damaged.
When wearing a face covering you should;
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before putting a face covering on
- Avoid wearing on your neck or forehead
- Avoid touching the part of the face covering in contact with your mouth and nose, as it could be contaminated with the virus
- Change the face covering if it becomes damp or if you’ve touched it.
When removing a face covering;
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before removing
- Only handle the straps, ties or clips
- Do not share with someone else to use
- If single-use, dispose of it carefully in a residual waste bin and do not recycle
- If reusable, wash it in line with manufacturer’s instructions at the highest temperature appropriate for the fabric
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser once removed.
Get in touch if you’d like a quote for some reusable branded face masks.